Page navbar

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Book Goals and Getting a Ruling

Goodreads has a 2012 reading challenge.  You pick how many books you want to read in the year, plug that in and Goodreads tracks your progress for you.
So, this year I've decided to make it a goal to read 50 books.  I think it doesn't sound like much but I didn't even read half that last year.  Here's hoping I do a much better job this year.  I have a question for you.  Would you count books that you re-read in the year as one towards the goal number?  I'm torn on this one. After all, reading a book is reading a book, but if it's a repeat, maybe that makes it too easy?  Yes, torn on this one.  Tell me what you think.  And have you made any goals concerning reading this year?

1 comment:

De said...

No, I never keep track of books I have read. I had a nice surprise when I read a book someone recommended to me and found out on the inside cover that I had read and loved two others by the same author. I felt as though a long-lost friend had returned.

I think you could make a case-by-case ruling on the re-read books because I can think of too many different scenarios: how long has it been since the first reading, why are you re-reading, did you intend to re-read or just have to once you picked it up? Yeah, I can see why you would be torn.