Page navbar

Monday, December 13, 2010

Here Again

Well I've been tied up for a bit. And Updike, well he's been getting the back burner. Mainly because, even though I'm enjoying him, I feel a little melancholy when I read the stories and right now, I don't want extra downers. However, I realize you guys have read it by now, or probably have. I want you to be able to give your thoughts before they completely evade you. (I realize I may be too late for that). So, I propose that we put up a discussion post, I will post a full review when I do read it and let's open a new book. I think this next one will be great because it is the extremely skinny one, which means it will be a little breeze. A good quality during the holiday season wouldn't you say?

So. Is it plan, or would you like to see things done some other way? Let me know.

1 comment:

de said...

Sounds good to me! I did finish the Updike a while ago, and my notes were so succinct I didn't even need to keep them.

Technically, I see what a quality writer he is, but emotionally, he doesn't touch me. (Well, he doesn't touch me in a place that I enjoy would perhaps be more accurate.) With a collection of short stories, I just had that many more characters to dislike than in a novel.