Page navbar

Monday, December 14, 2009

Calling all Brown Bookers

How many of you have read Portrait of a Lady? I'm just looking for a rough number of people. I'm going to put the discussion up sometime this week. We just opened book 20: Mudbound! I hope some of you will be reading this one. I know the holidays are here and my schedule can attest to yours being as busy busy busy. So we're not going to rush this one but come say mid-January, let's rally and get our momentum into the homestretch. We'll be looking to the next year with a new set of Brown Books if you guys are willing. We can get a lively discussion going on that topic too, i.e. should I pick the books again? Should we bandy about giant wish list between all of us and I can surprise you with that? Think about it, save your thoughts and next month we'll get to partying it up about all this. I'm so glad you guys have stuck with me and this has been a fun project. I'd like to keep going. I've had a lot of fun.

6 comments:

meno said...

I read it.

Do i get a gold star for my forehead?

Clowncar said...

I haven't. I'd rather have angry fire ants nesting in my eyes than read Henry James.

Maggie said...

Meno absolutely a star.

Clowncar, you should join the discussion when we have it then, because you could share why you feel that way. You seem like you've got a passionate distaste for him. I'd love to hear about it.

Ok guys, how about Friday? I'll shoot for then with the discussion so that anyone else who hasn't stopped by yet gets a chance to.

Gordo said...

I'm a bad Brown Booker. I haven't read it for no other reason than just 'cause. Does that merit a spanking? ;-)

Maggie said...

Gordo, naw. Unless you want one, and if you do, go talk to your wife I don't wanna know anything about it.

Gordo said...

LOL ... As for a new set of books, I have no idea what would be appropriate. I'm very glad that you're going to continue it, though. :-)