Page navbar

Monday, January 19, 2009

Truckin and Movin On

All right all my four-eyed, booknook friends. Where are you in Truck? I had hoped to have the discussion tomorrow (the 20th) but if that is too early, we can push it back a day or two or more.

Once we start that discussion, we'll green light reading In Defense of Food. I'm so excited to read this. I heard Mr. Pollan interviewed when he released his book The Omnivore's Dilemma and again when this one was first released. He is a very engaging speaker and therefore I have high hopes for his book. I hope lots of you out there join in! Please. The more the merrier!

4 comments:

Indigo Virgo said...

I had them both on hold at the library and got the Pollan first, so I am currently reading that. I'll have to chime in on Truck whenever I end up with it.

meno said...

I am just loving Truck. I am on page 179, but in my defense, it's small print. Also i am taking time to savour it.

So, i am not ready, but i am really enjoying reading it.

Maggie said...

I think I will hold off the discussion. I so agree that Truck needs to be savored. I only picked up speed at the end because then I couldn't put it down and ended up reading every spare second. Heh.

How do you guys feel about Friday or Monday? Maybe you'll have received it this week De? We love when you chime in.

meno said...

Friday or Monday would be good. i too am picking up steam as i near the end. :)