Page navbar

Friday, December 5, 2008

Apologies and Engines Revving

Shall we start again?

Let me first apologize. What kind of book group leader leaves and doesn't even write a note? Like 'out to lunch be back in three weeks'. I've been mired in home responsibilities and celebrations. 'Tis the season after all.

And, like the others reading this book, War and Peace is kicking my butt up and down the street. Not only is it a huge book, but I'm reading it slower than ever. I mean s----l----o----w slow. It requires so much attention and keeping track and following of minute details that I need to read it more cautiously, or I will miss something. So yeah, butt, up and down the street.

So I'm here, humbly asking what you guys think. Should we take a week to get hold of the new book (see below) and then start reading the new book and keep plugging at War and Peace in the meantime? Or should we be diligent Russian students and muck through what is truly a wonderful book, just difficult reading?

Give me an idea where you stand, where you're at in the book if you're reading it, and we'll just get this train moving again.

The next book, unceremoniously opened is:



Truck: A Love Story by Michael Perry. ISBN: 978-0060571184

Ta Da!

4 comments:

patches said...

I'm on page 284. Maybe it would be better to review W & P in sections, sort of divide up the book. Or just move ahead with the other books and review it last.

I rarely read for long periods of behind, so I suspect I'll be behind the others reading. In other words, don't plan a review schedule around my reading habits.

meno said...

I agree with Patches. It's a tough read, so i'm slogging slowly through it.

I can't believe you have a life outside of blogging. How rude.

Indigo Virgo said...

My vote would be to let us slog for a while longer. I won't read another book if I'm still working on this one.

Maggie said...

I agree with you guys.