Page navbar

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

What Show?

Me: Man I've been remiss lately. Poor little book blog.

Voice in my head: yeah but you've had a lot of things going on.

Me: Sure, sick kids, Halloween, starting Christmas sewing. But still.

Voice in my head: never give in to guilt.

Me: right, well then, let's get this show going!

Voice in my head: What show?

----------------------------------------------

OK guys, I'm going to try to reinfuse some life into this here place. Let's start with things coming up.

We've opened book six, which as you know, is a doozy. So we should try to wrap up Dear AA by the end of the week and get ourselves rolling on War and Peace. I will start the AA discussion tomorrow. Calendar will be updated to reflect our newfound determination to get in gear.

Since War and Peace is a biggie, I won't hold off opening the next book, but won't schedule to start reading it till much later - say two weeks? That will give you lots and lots of time to get hold of book seven whatever it is.

-----------------------------------------------

And now, a question. What is your dirty little secret stash? What kind of book do you read for pure pleasure that you might not admit to the average person you meet.

For me, I have this thing for cheap mystery books. When I'm in a reading slump, I grab one of those and let myself race through one. It gets momentum rolling again. Tell me yours.

2 comments:

meno said...

Same as you, trashy mystery.

Our used book store has a rack of 'em for $1 each. Last week i went there and bought 20 of them, without really looking them over, just for grabbing when i want one. I feel so ashamed....

Sober Briquette said...

I love forensic police murder.

I shall be late to the AA meeting because I haven't started the book yet. I haven't been reading at all and yet I'm halfway through "A Stopover in Venice," in which the wife of a superstar musician leaves him while he on a European tour and gets involved in an historic fresco discovery at a 15 c. convent. I haven't a clue how it's going to turn out!