Page navbar

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Progress

Please tell me if you guys started reading, how far have you gotten? This is a rather fast read and I am about 2/3 the way through and I swear I just started yesterday. That means by tonight I should be done. I want to know how long you guys want before we start discussing the book. I'm thinking I might do another opening tomorrow so that by the time we start the next book (in a week's time) we will have finished this book and gotten some lively discussion started. If that's too fast, let me know. I don't necessarily want to rush this but I also don't want to bore you guys to tears if you've finished and are ready to move along.

I am usually a pretty slow reader unless I come across a book like this one that is easy and moves quickly. Anyways, please let me know how it's going.

15 comments:

Sober Briquette said...

frown. me no bookee.

patches said...

I haven't put my paws on the book yet, but the search for it has been a riot.

I was downtown at a used bookstore, and I inquired with the 75 yr old shop keeper. She said, no we don't have it, but I just love watching him on John Stewart.

Gordo said...

I love the way he delivers his stuff, so I bought the audio book. I'll load it on to my iPod tonight and get to work. :-)

Maggie said...

De, oh no, I somehow thought you'd have it by now. Damn. I'll hold off moving any forward then.

Patches, you too? We're waiting, that's all there is to it.

Gordo, good option!

Clowncar said...

Library didn't come through, so I'm buying it today.

meno said...

Amazon just shipped my copy two days ago. And i used the cheap shipping because that's how i roll. So, no book yet. Soon though.

QT said...

I have the boook and I've read the first two chapters. I can see that I will probably have it done by the end of the week, tho.

Maggie said...

Clowncar, damn library.

Meno, well gosh darnit you too?

Qt, pretty easy reading isn't it. The words sort of slide right through your brain like eating jello.

Everyone, ok so would you say then that it might be better to give a little more time to get the book next time? It would seem that would be a good idea.

Irrelephant said...

My dang library is still holding out. Grrrrrrrrrrr.

Clowncar said...

I'll fess up, L, I went to the bookstore today to buy this but was a little taken aback by the price - didn't wanna spend $25 for such a fast read (I did get The Seven Types of Ambiguity, but it's longer and cheaper). So if I may amend my BBP membership - I'll read any of the books that are either in the library or in paperback.

yours in contrition,
clowncar

Maggie said...

Irrelephant, hang in there we're gonna figure this one out.

Clowncar, I so don't blame you. That's a hefty price. I can't remember what I paid but as I ordered from the evil overlords at Amazon I'm pretty sure it was cheaper. I know, I'm so bad.

Sober Briquette said...

Mine arrived this morning and I am cruising through already. Poor Tony - he's sitting on one end of the couch reading legal documents and I'm sitting on the other end laughing.

Maggie said...

Yay De!

Clowncar said...

It's in!

After all my kvetching.

Now I feel bad about calling our library "podunk."

I'll start it tonight.

Maggie said...

All right! Clowncar too!