Page navbar

Thursday, September 18, 2008

Checking in Again

Ok guys, I want to get a feel for what's going on with you and the books so far.

Have you read Lewis Black yet? If not, how far do you have to go? If you haven't acquired it yet, let me know. Maybe we can butt our heads together and figure something out.

Next up: On Chesil Beach. We're slated to start reading that one on Saturday. How are you doing with getting it into your hands? I gotta say this one looks like a quick read also. Though I've heard it is wonderful. But I believe once you do have it in hand, time permitting, it will go quickly. I wanted to do another book opening on Monday, so that once Ian McEwan is read we'll be headed for the next book without interruption. What do you think? Getting too far ahead here?

Also to note: first book discussion is penciled in at September 30th. That's about a week and a half away. How do you feel about this? Shall we leave it there? Move it up? Push it back? Ok, give me some feedback and we'll see how to get this rock rolling. I think as the next few books go by, we'll have a better idea of how this is going to proceed and soon there will be a recognizable system in place. Which would be cool huh?

7 comments:

meno said...

Half way through Me Of Little Faith. I'm having trouble staying interested. No sex.

Sober Briquette said...

I haven't finished Black (too many words, too little material), but I have McEwen. Resisting urge to start it without finishing the other.

I think another opening is fine in case the next book is tough to get ahold of.

QT said...

LOL at meno!

I finished Lewis Black, tho I did just spend 3 hours on a train and an entire day in airports, so I would have been happy playing with matches.

If our other esteemed members weren't so far behind, I would say move up the date because I might start forgetting the details!

I am *decadently* purchasing all my books locally so I won't have an issue getting it.

Clowncar said...

Almost done with Little Faith.

Chesil Beach is checked out and waiting.

I agree sooner is better than later for discussion. But I'm open to whatever.

Maggie said...

What do you say to keeping the next book opening set for Monday, moving the first book discussion up to Tuesday and away we go then?

Discussions will be through a post with a link in the sidebar for easy reference and can continue for an indefinite period of time so that anyone who has not quite finished a book, can jump in when they are ready. I think we're getting on a roll here!

patches said...

Life has interferred with getting the Black book. Not availability, just too busy go get it it. I might skip it and try for the next one.

flutter said...

Hey lady!! I just got my presents in the mail thank you SO MUCH!!