Page navbar

Monday, September 22, 2008

Book Three Opening

Aha!

video

I love this article: 10 Books Not To Read Before You Die, mainly for its extreme wryness. Tell me if you agree with the article. About which books and why?

Next week is Banned Books Week! Check your local library and area for events surrounding this all important time. Check here for local events in every state: bannedbooksweek.org.

Don't forget to comment and put your name in for the drawing. I will announce the winner this Friday.

6 comments:

Sober Briquette said...

hah. I like the idea of the article.

Irrelephant said...

I am ALL ABOUT me some banned books. Tell me it's 'bad for me' and I'm for sure gonna decide for myself.

Gordo said...

The Canadian version is Freedom to Read Week in February, so we can do this fun stuff twice!

QT said...

I guess there is no accounting for personal taste, as I love Hunter S. Thompson...

patches said...

Two of the books in the article are on my to be read shelf (hemingway and tolstoy). I read pride and prejudice, and enjoyed it, but some of Austen's work I have trouble sinking my teeth into. Generation gap , I suppose.

meno said...

Interesting list. 4 of them i really liked, but i couldn't agree more about Ullysses.

Finished Black, and just got Chesil Beach. Whoo Hoo!

Why don't you collect OUR recommendations for books you needn't bother with. Could make for some fun discussion.