Page navbar

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Announcements: Book Opening and New Calendar

First I'd like to say that I've been pondering what to do about the problem of getting the books. I think we should go ahead and try to stick to the one week interim for most of the books. But, I think we should set dates to discuss the books further in advance than expected. For instance, we opened Lewis Black's book last week, started reading this week, but many didn't get the book till late this week, some are still waiting for it and some have opted out. All understandable.

So that we can keep the ball rolling I'm thinking we should say we'll discuss Lewis Black's book at the very end of the month. In the meantime, we go ahead and open another book and try to keep momentum going. Here's the deal, I've added a calendar at the bottom of the blog (it's the only place it would fit so that everything could be read properly). There are events there: book openings, book discussions. As we go along, you'll be able to see what's been opened, what's coming up and of course I'll be posting reminders often too.

Plus, if you look at the sidebar where you see "Lynnea's Brown Book Project Montage", that area will grow to show all of the Brown Books that have been opened - giving you a quick glance at where we're at and which books to pick up. Then of course the place where it says Book One will change with each book opened to show the current one we've opened. Will that be ok with you guys?

----------------------------------------------------

My second announcement: I'd like to go ahead and open book two tomorrow and have another drawing! We'll get to unveil another beauty and since I know most of you will finish up reading Me of Little Faith within a day or two, by end of next week we should be good to dig in to book two!

Ok, so here we go again!

6 comments:

Irrelephant said...

Cooolio! Sounds like a plan to me. And welcome to the wonderful world of trying to herd cats! *g*

egan said...

I ought to pick this book up before I fly to Toronto.

Maggie said...

Irrelephant, whew I'm glad someone liked it. Thanks for understanding.

Egan, oh you should! I'm so glad you dropped in.

meno said...

Sounds like a plan Miss Lynnea. I'm going to read my copy (which arrived yesterday) and then pass it off to egan! I like recycling.

Gordo said...

Whoo Hoo! Books is good! :-D

Maggie said...

Meno, you're a good egg and care-taker of earth. And I'm glad you got your book!

Gordo, you can say that again!