Page navbar

Sunday, September 21, 2008

Announcements: Book Opening and Start Reading

Don't forget yesterday was the kick off of reading Ian McEwan's On Chesil Beach. Don't worry though if you haven't gotten it yet or are still finishing up Me of Little Faith. There is plenty of time to get to this book before we discuss it.

New book opening happening tomorrow! Come by and put your name in for the drawing. Those of you who have won something already, please don't hesitate to make comments too! I'm excited to open the next one. It's a little thicker and a little taller than the others. Hmmm, I wonder what it could be? Maybe Gang Leader for a Day? In Defense of Food? The Story of Edgar Sawtelle? I've heard great things about so many of the books left on the list. I can't wait to see what we read coming up!

Also, I'm still toying with the idea of moving the discussion for Me of Little Faith up to this Wednesday. I'd like more weigh in. Especially those of you still working on that one since it took a bit to get a hold of. Discussions can go on indefinitely but I don't want to make anyone feel left behind or frustrate anyone's efforts here. This is about sharing and having fun and most of all reading reading reading!

4 comments:

meno said...

Hi Lynnea! I am very nearly finished with Me, and i went to the bookstore last night, but they didn't have Chesil Beach, so i ordered it from Amazon this morning.

Cheaper on Amazon anyway. :)

Clowncar said...

pick me! pick me!

Done with the Black book.

Sober Briquette said...

I confess I couldn't bring myself to finish Black. Meno should be happy that there is at least talk of sex in McEwan.

I'm loving it, by the way. It's time for me to do my work out and I am torn between running (a better work out) or stationary bike (I get to read!). Hmm.

Sober Briquette said...

Oh - which means I'm ready to discuss it.