Page navbar

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Some Structural Clarification

I'm wanting your opinion. After a book opening, how many days lead would you like to have to get a hold of the book? Most of these are fairly simple to come by as they are pretty current. But some might be a little more cumbersome. Do you think that five to seven days is enough? Tell me what you want.

I'm a fairly slow reader so you guys will probably finish books before me. However, I will do check-in posts to see where people are during the readings. That way we can gauge when to start diving into our thoughts on the book. It's always more fun with the most people available and when everyone is on the same page - in this case, hopefully the one that says The End.

That's all for now. Carry on.

8 comments:

Gordo said...

I think 5-7 is plenty, Maggie. The online places generally deliver in 2-3.

Pare said...

I think anyone who is planning on getting these books from the local library needs to put the more recently published ones on hold NOW, because sometimes the wait time is ages and ages.

But otherwise, a week should do it!

Looking forward to this...

meno said...

look at us still calling you maggie. I know that's how i'll always think of you.

A week is fine.

Maggie said...

Gordo, cool. I'm going to go with the 7 day rule. That should do us.

Pare, you have a point with the library thing. I hadn't thought of that. I'm such 'buyer'. We'll do a week, but I'll leave open to cuss me out if more time is needed.

Meno, yous can call me Maggie, or yous can call me Lynnea, but you doesn't have to call me genius. Ha.

Mona Buonanotte said...

Yeah, a week's fine by me!

Maggie said...

Mona, cool. We're going to get to it then starting next week!

Sober Briquette said...

should be fine for me. you gonna wait those days or just start right in yourself?

Maggie said...

I'm going to wait those days too. That way we all start from the same starting gate. Then I will quickly decline into my slooooooow reading pace. Heh.